PRINT CLIENT INVOICES / REPORTS - #28
This option is available ONLY if the CUSTOMER INVOICING feature was purchased. This menu option allows you to print BOTH A/R Invoices (for the purpose of billing back employees' wages) and Billed VS. Earned reports (for comparing costs and profits).
If you have also purchased our Accounting package AND the appropriate setup has been done, this program will produce detail Journal records for the AR, Sales and Tax Accounts.
KEEP IN MIND
You must have information in the following files;
- Valid COMPANY Master File in Menu #1
- Valid EMPLOYEE Master records in Menu #5
- Valid LABOUR records in Menus #19 or #9 or #10
- Valid COA (Client) Master file in Menu #27
In addition, if reporting by specific items such as department the following files MUST also exist:
- Valid LABOUR Master file in Menu #4
- Valid DEPARTMENT Master file in Menu #1
In addition, if transferring journal records to our Accounting packages, the following ACCOUNTING files MUST also exist:
- Valid CHART OF ACCOUNTS File in ACCMENU #2
- Valid TRANSACTION TYPES File in ACCMENU #5
You can run Reports and/or Invoices as many times as you wish. Limitations placed on listing MUST be MET or data is not printed.
Invoicing should be done after running the payroll (Menu #20) and checked to make sure any errors have been corrected.
POSTING of billed amounts can be done during the printing of either AR Invoices or the Billed Vs. Earned report. This is an option and thus can be overridden.
Re-sequencing of labour records should be done ONLY if errors have been detected (items were missed).
ONE Invoice is produced per customer containing a breakdown of all employees who have worked for said customer (for the time period specified) along with he amount billed for each.
Invoices will print on blank paper with a standard layout. Custom forms can be created. Contact KLM Software is you wish custom forms. Please note that this service will be billed back to you (the customer).
The Earned Vs. Billed Report will list and compare each e**mployee's earnings against the amount billed for the employee's service. **
PRINT/POST CLIENT (COA) INVOICES OR REPORT
To print and/or post Customer Invoices or a Billed Vs. Earned report, do the following:
1) At the Payroll System Menu, select Print Client Invoices/Report.
2) At the Payroll Billing - Invoice Print & Post Menu verify the prompts. Note, defaults exist for many of the prompts. There are 5 sections to this screen.
FROM: PAYROLL RECORDS TO INCLUDE IN THIS RUN:
Include ALL Companies Enter the Payroll COMPANY you wish to draw records form thus limiting the payroll records to an individual company.
Labour File (to use) This prompt selects the actual labour (job) detail file to draw records from.
Payroll For Week This prompt sets a week range limit for the records within the selected file. ONLY those records that meet the limit will be selected.
Customer (Blank for all) This prompt allows you to limit records to those of just one customer or group or sub-group of customers.
TO: ACCOUNTING POSTING INFORMATION FROM RECORDS CREATED IN THIS RUN
Post Invoice: Answer Y (for yes) or N (for no), to post (create detail journal records) the contents of this file to our Accounting System.
Post To Prompts set the Account Period, Transaction Date and Account GL Detail File to post to.
INVOICE / REPORT PRINT OPTIONS
Print Select either 1 for Earned vrs Billed Report or 2 for Invoices (this is the default)
Print Sequence Determines the order for both reports and or invoices information is printed.
Page UP If Y for yes, program will force a page break after each time a new sort limit is met (i.e. employee number). This is used only with the Report option.
INVOICE FORMS ONLY OPTIONS
Invoice Date: The program will default tot he system date (today's date) but you can change it.
Starting Invoice Number The program will remember the last Invoice Number printed (used by system) and select the next number in order. You can override this number.
Print Company Name & Address If you used per-printed forms, leave this N (for no). If you print on black paper select Y (for yes), so the the company information will print on the form.
LABOUR SEQUENCE LINKS MAINTENANCE
Complete Re-link Triggers a utility that resets the sorting sequence of the labour detail records. Depending upon the size of your file this can take some time.
One Customer To save time, you can limit this sort to one customer.
3) Once all prompts have been filled in, click on RUN REPORT to either begin printing Invoices or the Earnings VS Billed Report. In either case, a standard Windows Print Setup Screen appears. Select your printer than continue.
Note 1: When posting records, any record that does NOT meet the posting restrictions, will be rejected. The program beeps and an error message will be displayed.
Note 2: While you can print either reports or invoices many times, you should only POST invoices once per run.
4) When printing is complete, simply EXIT the option and return to the Payroll System Menu.
PROBLEMS PRINTING/POSTING LABOUR INFORMATION
Like all reports, if the items do not meet limitations, they will be excluded. To speed up the printing of reports, this program links (creates sorted files) for certain common elements such as: Employee #, Labour #, Department #, COA # and Reference #.
Altering of these will cause problems with report listings.
If any of the following occurs when you are trying to PRINT and/or POST records:
- Items are missing; not on reports etc.
- Report listings appear to be repeating themselves; listing the same records over & over.
- Reports stop part way through listing.
Do the following, to confirm the report and/or invoices MET the limits:
- Check your limits. Are they correct?
- Verify the data exists AND is within any limits required.
If the data is within the said limits, verify that the SEQUENCING options work;
a) If asking for your listings by Name sequence, try asking for the same report by Number.
b) If the report runs without incident, the error lays in the NAME SORT functions. See COA Information for instructions on re-setting Name or Search Number sequence.
OR 1) If the report is still in error, then the problems lay with the LABOUR sequencing functions.
2) For situation b) do an LABOUR RE SEQUENCING by answering YES to the COMPLETE RE-LINK field prompt on this menu.
You can print both Invoices and/or reports as many times as you require. No alteration of the payroll data is done.
If you have NOT posted your invoices or report:
- Verify that the limits & sequencing are both correct.
- Reprint the invoices or report.
If you have posted your invoices or report:
- Verify that the limits & sequencing are both correct.
- Delete the journal records from the Accounting files.
- Reprint the invoice(s) or report.